The Grand Falls Rapids are looking for an assistant coach for the 2022-23 season.
Position Title : Assistant Coach
Team: Grand Falls Rapids of the Maritime Hockey League ( Junior A )
- Assist the head coach in leading and organizing all facets of a Junior A ice hockey program; knowledge of and adherence to Hockey Canada and MHL rules; recruiting, practice planning and execution; day to day responsibilities as expected with and mentoring 23-25 student-athletes.
- Assist with the daily practice planning and implementation of individual training
- Assist in creation and implementation of team playing
- Create detailed strategy for each game and
- Assist in various video-based
- Help promote and facilitate player and staff advancement to higher levels of hockey and education
- Administrative duties associated with team
- This position also requires both daily and weekend availability throughout the hockey season running from August 31, 2022 – May 2023.
- Proven successful hockey coaching
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Candidate should be considering a career in coaching
- NCCP High Performance 1 Coach Certification
- Bilingualism considered as asset
- Salary provided based upon 8-month season along with living arrangements **
** Unless another agreement agreed to upon by the employer and the employee
Please send resumes to Danny Braun, General Manager at email@example.com
The Grand Falls Rapids are seeking an Equipment Manager to assist with success both on and off the ice. The Rapids compete in the 12 team Maritime Hockey League and play a 52-game schedule operating from September through April.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, comfortable in a fast-paced team environment and able to work flexible hours. Prior experience as an equipment manager, including minor equipment repairs; budget management, record keeping and the ability to sharpen skates is essential.
A competitive renumeration plan and housing are included with this position.
This position will start August 31, 2022
Please apply in confidence to ( include resumé ): firstname.lastname@example.org Call 506-356-4453 for additional details if required